Florence: Cathedral, Dome and Terraces Guided Tour152 Reviews
Enjoy panoramic views of the “Cradle of Renaissance” on a 1.5-hour guided tour of the Florence Duomo. Learn the secrets of the marble monument, and climb to the high terraces and top of the dome for an up-close look at Brunelleschi’s cupola.
- Skip the long lines to admire the majesty of the Florence Cathedral
- Climb the northern terrace of the Duomo’s rooftop
- Get up close to Brunelleschi's cupola and dome
DescriptionDiscover a masterpiece of art and architecture on a 1.5-hour guided tour of the Duomo in Florence, including access to Brunelleschi cupola and red-tiled dome. Skip the long lines with an exclusive pass, and follow your guide inside the ancient cathedral of Florence. See frescoes by Giorgio Vasari and Federico Zuccari, admire the colossal clock by Paolo Uccello, and discover the beauty of the marble floor with its intricate patterns. Walk among the ruins and admire the floor's fine polychrome mosaic with its geometrical decorations. Then, climb the northern terrace of the Duomo’s rooftop. Crawl through the narrow and open air corridors that have been closed to the public for centuries. Enjoy a breathtaking panorama that will take your breath away. End your tour with an exclusive visit to a circular room full of old statues that used to adorn the façade of the Duomo. See the restoration work in action as the craftsmen work with their spatulas and chisels, still dirty and smelling of stucco.
IncludesGuide Guided tour of the Duomo with skip-the-line access Guided tour on the northern terrace of the Duomo’s rooftop Skip-the-line and reserved access to Brunelleschi Cupola Pick-up and drop off
- With regret, this tour is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
- Entrance to the Duomo requires a strict dress code. The tour operator cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress. Please make sure your shoulders and knees are covered
- Please note that you must climb 153 steps to reach the terraces, a further 310 to reach Brunelleschi's dome, and a total of 414 to reach Giotto's Bell Tower
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability