From Dublin: Wild Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough Tour462 Reviews
Discover why Wicklow is known as “The Garden of Ireland” on an 8.5-hour scenic bus tour and explore the hills, valleys and historic sights of out-of-the-way locations. Go to the monastery of Glendalough and hear tales of Irish myths and legends.
- Breathe in the beauty of Wicklow's Sally Gap, where lakes, heather and barren boglands converge
- Go to the 6th-century monastery complex of Glendalough and walk in the footsteps of saints
- Enjoy a tot of Irish Jameson whiskey
- Shop for unique Irish crafts at Avoca Handweavers
- Stop for a traditional Irish pub lunch
- Visit the film locations of blockbuster movies Braveheart and PS I Love You
DescriptionExplore the wild landscape of Wicklow and Glendalough on an 8.5-hour small coach tour, with Dublin city center pick-ups and a quick taster tour of Ireland’s capital before heading south along the coast, passing Dun Laoghaire, Sandycove and Dalkey. Stop for morning coffee and craft shopping at Avoca Handweavers, before heading into Wicklow to experience some of Ireland’s legendary shades of green. A highlight of your tour will be Sally Gap, where lakes, heather and barren boglands converge. Breathe in the beauty of this natural paradise, while your guide tells interesting facts mixed with a little fantasy. Then, it’s time to relax and enjoy lunch at a traditional Irish pub. Back on the road, drive to enchanting Glendalough, following in the footsteps of saints and scholars at the 6th-century monastic settlement, complete with its tall Round Tower made of mica-slate and granite. Enjoy some free to walk along the valley to the Upper Lake for stunning views of the oak woods and scenery. Then it’s time for a tot of Jameson whiskey, served up with Irish yarns that will warm the cockles of your heart, before the drive back to Dublin city center.
IncludesEntrance fees Irish guide Complimentary Irish Jameson whiskey tasting Transportation by air-conditioned Mercedes coach (maximum 42 passengers) Gratuities (optional) Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Minimum numbers apply in winter months. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability