My Guide Website?
From Mendoza: High Andes Aconcagua Mountain Tour152 Reviews
Head to the Andes for the day and enjoy breathtaking views of Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Americas. Learn about the region from a knowledgeable guide and make stops at Potrerillos, Uspallata, and Puente del Inca.
- Enjoy incredible views of Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Americas
- Travel on Route 7, the famous international Andean Highway that connects Argentina and Chile
- Visit the village of Uspallata and learn about the history of the Inca people
- See the amazing natural rock bridge Puente del Inca
- See the Dam of Potrerillos, an important piece of infrastructure along the Mendoza River that generates energy for the whole region
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel in Mendoza and get on the road for a full day of exploration in the Andes. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, begin by taking the dirt roads through Villavicencio where you can catch amazing views of the highest peaks in the Andes. Reach Uspallata Valley and make your first stop at the town of Uspallata where the native Huarpes settled during the pre-Hispanic era. Take your time to soak in the Andean scenery and grab a snack. Continue on to Polvaredas and Punta de Vacas where you can reach one of the best Mendoza ski resorts, Los Penitentes. Take the opportunity to snap some photos before getting to Puente del Inca, a natural arch situated 2,720 meters above sea level formed when the Las Cuevas River bored through the mountain side. Admire the swirls of colored rock and the mountain views from the bridge. Journey towards the Chilean border and notice as the mountains grow larger. Stop at a natural viewpoint and take in views of the magnificent Aconcagua, the largest mountain in both the Southern and Western Hemispheres at 6,960 meters high. From November to April, it's possible to enter the Aconcagua Provincial Park and hike to the Horcones Lagoon (this is an optional activity and the entrance fee to the park is not included). Then head to Las Cuevas village for free time and a bite to eat if you so choose. Journey back to Mendoza on the famous Ruta 7 and get dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Mendoza and Luján de Cuyo Tour in Spanish, English, or Portuguese Experienced guide Food and drinks Personal expenses Gratuities
- This tour is subject to weather and road conditions; in case there is a road blockade you will be invited to take the tour again the next day
- Please bring your passport or ID card
- Bring cash for food and personal purchases
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes; be prepared for low temperatures
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is only available in dowtown Mendoza city, for other addresses please contact the operator confirm the pick up point
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now