My Guide Website?
Lombok: 3-Day Mount Rinjani Summit Trek2 Reviews
Explore Mount Rinjani in Lombok on this adventurous 3-day trekking tour. Suitable for experienced mountain climbers, this trekking route takes you up to the summit of the active volcano, where you can admire the breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
- Admire the ever-changing scenery as you ascend and descend Mount Rinjani
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of the sunrise on Mount Rinjani
- Marvel at the spectacular view of Segara Anak crater lake
- Explore tropical forests and learn local legends
- Look out for wild pigs and long-tailed grey macaque monkeys
DescriptionExperience an unforgettable journey to Mount Rinjani on the Indonesian island of Lombok. For the Sasak and Balinese people of Lombok, the volcano is revered as a sacred place and they believe the gods live at the summit of the mountain. This 3-day trekking package designed for advance trekkers takes you to the summit of Mount Rinjani. You will start in Sembalun and encounter steep ascents and descents on a fairly good system of tracks before ending in Senaru. Detailed Itinerary Day 1: Your guide will pick you up at your hotel in the morning and then you will transfer to Sembalun. You will register at the Rinjani Information Center (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang, meet your guide, and arrange the national park entry tickets. Your guide will give you a briefing with information on the route, local cultural traditions, and what you might see, as well as rubbish management and safety procedures. The trek starts from Sembalun Lawang with a walk up a gentle ascent through open grassland used by the local people for cattle grazing. You will take a short rest at Pemantauan (1,300 meters) before reaching Tengengean (1,500 meters) after 3 hours, where you can enjoy the beautiful views of Mount Rinjani summit. After a 1-hour ascent to Pada Balong (1,800 meters) you will start to climb amidst the pine-like casuarinas species, locally known as “cemara”. You may see wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys on the way to the campsite at the Plawangan II Sembalun crater rim (2,639 meters). Day 2: An early start at 03:00 is necessary for the hard 3-hour climb to the summit (3,726 meters). Once there, you can enjoy the proud feelings of satisfaction and the amazing views of the sunrise across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mount Agung, and Sumbawa. You will then return down the ridge passing numerous Bunga Abadi edelweiss plants to the crater rim camp for a well-deserved breakfast. After breakfast you will walk 2-3 hours down the steep trail to the crater lake. At the lake you can enjoy swimming or exploring the caves and hot springs, which are believed to have healing powers, while the porters prepare your lunch. After the lunch break, you will leave the lake and climb for 2.5 hours up to the campsite at the Plawangan I Senaru crater rim (2,461 meters). Enjoy dinner and stay overnight at the crater rim. Day 3: After breakfast you will descend down the long trail to Senaru village (601 meters), through thick tropical forests rich in flora, birdlife, and a variety of butterflies. You might see orchid and, if lucky, the rare black ebony leaf monkey known locally as “lutung”. You will take rest stops along the way, with village stories and local legends from your guide. Features include the Batu Penyesalan stone and Bunut Ngengkang banyan tree that looks like someone standing with their legs apart. After a 7-hour walk from the rim the trek ends at the Rinjani Trek Center on the road heading to Senaru, where a car is waiting to transfer you to the airport, Senggigi, or Gili Island harbor.
IncludesReturn transfers by air-conditioned coach Entrance fee to Gunung Rinjani National Park – IDR 150.000/head/Day Licensed English-speaking mountain guide Local porters 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), snacks, fruits, and unlimited water All camping equipment (double size tent, sleeping bag, air bed mattress, etc.)
- This trek is suitable for advanced participants with mountain climbing experience and is not recommended for beginners. People with mountain sickness or height phobia are not allowed to join this tour. This trek requires you to have a good level of fitness and ability to walk long distances. We highly recommended you to have travel insurance and to exercise before the trip start. It is recommended that you book your trip as far in advance as possible to give you more time to physically prepare for the trek. During the trek you will just have to carry your small day pack with essential items such as sunglasses, sunscreen, water, camera, toiletries, etc. Porters are employed to carry the rest of your gear on the trek. Please keep this to a minimum while on the trek. All your camping gear is supplied but if you want to take your own light weight sleeping bag or sleeping mat that's fine. All meals will be prepared by your guide and porters on open fires and fuel stoves.