My Guide Website?
Mont-Saint-Michel Abbey Ticket & Self-Guided Tour1507 Reviews
Discover Mont-Saint-Michel abbey, one of the first UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Explore this spectacular historical site at your own pace and take advantage of an information booklet to learn about the rich history of the site.
- Explore one of the most iconic attractions in France
- Discover Mont-Saint-Michel abbey, one of the first sites to be granted UNESCO World Heritage Site status
- Learn about the site's rich history with an information booklet, available in 12 languages
DescriptionDiscover one of the world's first UNESCO World Heritage Sites with a visit to Mont-Saint-Michel abbey. The worship of Saint Michel was introduced on the holy mount in 708 and it became one of the most important places of medieval pilgrimage. Benedictine Monks began building an abbey here in the 10th century. The abbey has withstood the assaults of man, time and the elements. The heroic resistance of the mount to English attacks during the Hundred Years’ War (14th and 15th centuries) made it a symbol of French national identity. Monks left the abbey in 1790 and it was listed as a historic monument in 1874. The whole site has been returned to its former glory thanks to ongoing restoration work. Explore the site with a self-guided tour aided by an information booklet and learn the fascinating history of the site entirely at your own pace.
IncludesEntrance ticket to Mont-Saint-Michel abbey Self-guide booklet available in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Korean Audio guide (€3 payable directly at the monument) Guided tours (available on site)
- Entrance is free for under 18s and visitors who are under 26 with EU ID, subject to reserving a timeslot on the Mont-Saint-Michel Abbey website.
- The guided tour is available in French and English all year round and in German, Spanish and Italian in July and August
- The visit lasts around 1 hour 15 minutes
- Please note that your ticket will be valid for one year at any given time
- Last admission is 1 hour before closing time
- Please note that this attraction closes at 4:00 PM on 24th December and 31st December 2017
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now