St. Petersburg: Hermitage Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Tour329 Reviews
Skip the line and enter a treasure trove of world-renowned art and cultural artifacts on this 3-hour tour of the Hermitage State Museum. Your guide will show you around, pointing out items of interest, and share facts about its collection.
- Admire works of art from the Western European collection including masterpieces by Renoir and Da Vinci
- Experience the grandeur of the former winter imperial residence
- Save time by pre-purchasing this tour and skipping the line
- Explore the museum on your own after the tour is over
- Marvel at the extravagant interior of the Hermitage while learning about its history
DescriptionMeet your guide at the Alexander Column in Palace Square. Skip the long lines and enter the museum right away. Once inside, learn about the development of art and culture in the west and east from pre-historic times to the present day. Admire remarkable collections of paintings, prints, and sculptures as well as tapestries, carpets, ornaments, furniture, and jewelry. Gain fascinating insight into these artworks from your knowledgable guide. Starting with 225 paintings purchased in 1764 by Catherine the Great, the museum collection now comprises more than 3 million objects and works of art. Treasures and artifacts from almost every culture known to man are housed in the museum, including the unique collection of Greek jewelry from the Black Sea region, Scythian gold, ancient Egyptian sculptures, Iranian silverware, Chinese manuscripts, Russian icons, and Byzantine applied art. Choose the “Hermitage and Staff Building” option and visit the restored halls of the General Staff Building located in front of the Hermitage. See famous masterpieces of Western European art, 19th-century painting, Impressionism, and Postmodernism. Continue to explore the museum after your tour ends to your heart’s content.
IncludesProfessional guide Pre-booked museum admission Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Hermitage 3-hour guided tour Photo/video pass Meals Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a small group tour and is limited to a maximum of 8 people.
- Please note, if you leave the museum you cannot come back using the same ticket, even on the same day.
- Please note, Impressionist, post-Impressionist and postmodernist artworks are located in the General Staff Building and if you want to see them, please book a special tour option
- You can stay at the Hermitage (Winter Palace) after your tour and explore the museum on your own.
- Please note, carrying large items such as bags, briefcases, backpacks, and umbrellas in the museum is not allowed and must be checked in the museum cloakroom. Food and drinks are also prohibited.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability