Temple of Poseidon and Cape Sounion Tour: From Athens238 Reviews
Take a half-day tour of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon. Pass idyllic beaches as you leave Athens for some of the most gorgeous ruins of Ancient Greece. Your fun guide will fill you in on the history of Greece as you look out over Poseidon's sea!
- Discover the Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon on the half-day tour
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Saronic Gulf and its islands
- Experience breathtaking Cape Sounion, with its steep cliffs and crystal blue waters
- Walk back in time to the Temple of Poseidon, God of the Sea
DescriptionThe tour begins with a breathtaking drive along the scenic coastal road. During this relaxing ride you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athen's most beautiful suburbs; Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Arrive at Cape Sounion, a historic and beautiful area of Greece. The steep cliffs offer a breathtaking, panoramic view, and on a clear day you can look out to some of Greece's beautiful isles. In addition to the views, look forward to visiting the 5th-century B.C. Temple of Poseidon. God of the Sea, Poseidon was second only to Zeus in Greek mythology. Made of white marble, the columns still stand today as a reminder of the Athenian Empire. The trip will conclude with a relaxing drive back to Athens after having experienced the sights and architecture of ancient Greece.
IncludesEntrance fee to Cape Sounion archeological site Professional guide Transfer in new, luxury A/C non-smoking bus Free pick-up and drop-off service from selected hotels Lunch Drinks Tips
- Pick-up is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time
- Alternatively, you can meet at the tour supplier's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability