My Guide Website?
From Chania: Gramvousa Island and Balos Bay Full-Day Tour233 Reviews
Discover the westernmost tip of Crete on a scenic bus and boat trip to Gramvousa Island and Balos Bay. Dip your toes in the soft white sand of some of the most beautiful beaches you ever have seen.
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Balos Bay
- Climb the Venetian fortress on Gramvousa Island for unique views
- Cross to Balos Bay at the northernmost tip of the peninsula by boat
DescriptionYour day starts with a pick-up from your hotel or at a specific pick-up point with the bus. Drive towards the west side of Crete in order to reach the port of Kissamos Kasteli. After your escort gives you all the necessary information about the cruise, arrive at the port where the Gramvousa ferry is waiting for you to start the cruise. Your escort will collect the money for the boat tickets from you so you can skip-the-lines at the ticket offices. About 10:20 AM set off for the island of Gramvousa which takes approximately 45 minutes. On the ferry there is a kitchen with self service dishes, meals or snacks. You can sit back on a deck chair or in the lounge. During your cruise, see the elevation of the land along the cliff edges of Crete. This elevation has happened over 2000 years. The history of the island is explained through the microphones in different languages. Once you arrive at the island of Gramvousa you can either have a swim or you can take a hike to the top of the island to the Venetian fortress. There you have 2.5 hours before you continue to the lagoon of Balos which is 20 minutes from there. As soon as you arrive at the lagoon you will have about 3 hours to enjoy. You may at any time go back to the boat for food or also hire umbrellas if the heat is too intense. When you have enjoyed a swim and relaxation at the lagoon, the boat will take you straight back to the port of Kissamos.This is a great photo opportunity as the sun will be behind you as you look out to the scenery of the island. At 6:00 PM the ferry arrives at the port and the journey in this small paradise comes to an end. Return time in Chania approximately: 7.00 PM.
IncludesBus ticket Guide Boat ticket (€ 30) Entry ticket to the Venetian fortress (€ 1) Personal expenses
- Walking shoes are necessary for the optional climb to the Venetian fortress
- Lunch and water can be purchased on board the boat
- Please bring sunscreen and a hat • This tour can only be booked by those staying in the areas of Perivolia, Halepa, Halidon Street Alpha Bank, Chania center, Kladissos, Nea Chora, Agioi Apostoloi, Xrysi Akti, Daratso, Galatas, Kalamaki, Stalos, Agia Marina, Platanias, and Gerani
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Transport
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now