My Guide Website?
Sintra: Castle of the Moors Fast Track Ticket509 Reviews
Explore the classic ruined castle established during the 9th century and built with fortified stone walls. Marvel at the wonderful panoramic views over the hills of the Serra De Sintra.
- Explore a fortification built in the 9th century
- Marvel at the ancient ruins and dense forest surroundings
- Save time and skip the line to get to the castle
- Visit one of the most popular tourist attractions of Sintra
- Admire the wonderful panoramic views over the hills of the Serra De Sintra
DescriptionThe Castle of the Moors was classified as a National Monument in 1910 and it also forms part of the Sintra Cultural Landscape classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Site in 1995. It soars 412 m above sea level and looms high above the surrounding forest. The 10th-century Moorish castle’s dizzying ramparts stretch across the mountain ridges and past moss-clad boulders the size of small buses. The best walking route here from Sintra-Vila is not along the main road but the quicker, partly off-road route via Rua Marechal Saldanha. The steep trail is around 2 km, but quiet and rewarding. Once you reach the castle, the views over Sintra’s palace-dotted hill, across to the glittering Atlantic are breathtaking. Along the walkways, you can admire the unique landscape that in the foreground features Sintra town and its town hall, the Palace of Pena and the hills. In the background, admire the extensive plain running northwards and the Atlantic Ocean.
IncludesCastle of the Moors Fast Track Ticket Transportation to the castle
- • Please note the last admission is at 5:00 PM.
- Tickets are valid until 31st December 2020. • Castle of the Moors is located in Sintra, about 30 kilometers from Lisbon. You can reach Sintra easily by taking the train from Lisbon.
- There is an online booking fee added to the ticket price. • Standard opening hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Last admission 5:00 PM
- Parques de Sintra seasonal opening hours: December 24-25 and Jan 1 - closed all day. December 31 and January 2-3: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, last admission at midday.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now