Stonehenge Admission Ticket1988 Reviews
Book your timed admission ticket for Stonehenge, one of the world’s most famous prehistoric monuments. When you visit the site you’ll be able to explore its new world-class visitor center that houses museum-quality exhibits, a shop, and a café.
- Visit Stonehenge, Britain’s most important prehistoric monument
- Learn about the mystery surrounding Stonehenge in the newly transformed visitor center
- See reconstructed Neolithic houses in the site’s new outdoor gallery
DescriptionStonehenge is perhaps the most famous prehistoric monument in the world. It was built in several stages, beginning as a simple earthwork enclosure. The unique linteled stone circle was erected in the late Neolithic period, around 2500 B.C. Your timed admission ticket gives you access to a site that has continued to attract interest for centuries. Today Stonehenge, Avebury, and other associated locations comprise a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring a unique and dense concentration of prehistoric monuments. Stonehenge has been the subject of speculation and fascination since at least the early medieval period. How did Neolithic people construct this masterpiece of engineering using only the simple tools and technologies available to them? Hundreds of prehistoric objects from the Stonehenge World Heritage Site are on display in the visitor center. One of the new features at Stonehenge is an outdoor gallery that includes several reconstructed Neolithic houses. Using archaeological evidence and authentic materials, these buildings provide a glimpse into the lifestyle of the Neolithic people who built Stonehenge. Stonehenge has many different meanings to people today. It is an icon of Britain, a wonder of the world, a spiritual place, and a source of inspiration.
IncludesStonehenge admission Visitor Center Exhibitions Free audio guide (downloadable to your smartphone)
- English Heritage and National Trust England members can enjoy free admission to Stonehenge
- Stonehenge is easy to get to: You can take the train to Salisbury train station and then take The Stonehenge Tour Bus service
- You can also drive to Stonehenge (approximately 2 hours from London) with parking available on-site. Parking is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders
- The monument sits in its open prehistoric landscape so there is no shelter at the Stone Circle. Bring warm clothing, raincoats, and umbrellas if rain or cold weather is forecast, and sunhats and plenty of water in hot weather
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability